Have you ever heard of glamping in New York? If not, make sure to follow my journey at Camp Rockaway this weekend!
Camp Rockaway is located at the Jacob Riis bathhouse and runs from June to October. Fall is one the perfect seasons to visit Riis Beach. You can enjoy the quiet sunrise beach, food vendors and rent out beach equipment while enjoying live entertainment on the boardwalk.
There will be a host of different activities to do while visiting Camp Rockaway. If you’re looking to get active you can:
- Take a hike through the maritime forest and decommissioned military installations at Fort Tilden.
- Tee off for 18 holes of par-3 golf at Riis Park golf course
- Take surfing lessons with Locals Surf School
- Go stand up paddleboarding with A-team Paddle Boarding
- Take a fishing charter with Captain Mike
- Go whale watching tours with American Princess Cruises
- Rent a jet ski with Rockaway Jet Ski
- Rent a bike from Paul’s Bicycle Shop
- Take a nature walk or go bird watching with Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge
Also, visitors can enjoy gallery shows, printmaking, and painting workshop at the Rockaway Artist Alliance. As well as visiting the theater and performing arts at the Rockaway Theater Company.
Camp Rockaway also offers a wide range of food options from seafood, barbecue, Thai, tacos, tapas, pizza and much more!
If you’re looking to get some wellness activities in I can spend time at the Seaside Healing Arts for spa, meditate at Buddhists Insights or do yoga on the rocks.
To book a tent visit: https://camprockaway.com/
Wall tents are $195 weekdays & Sundays and $249 Fridays & Saturdays. There are only two people allowed per tent. All tents are furnished with a queen size bed featuring a memory foam mattress, side tables, lights, pillows, linens, towels, and a cell phone charging station.
To stay up to date on our trip to Camp Rockaway this weekend by following us on Facebook and Twitter @nycferry and Instagram @nyc_ferry!