B62 Bus between Division Avenue and Berry St
B32 and Q59 Bus between Broadway and Kent Av
J, M, and Z Train between Marcy Avenue and Broadway
Williamsburg was originally part of the town of Bushwick (“Boswijck”) after the Dutch West India Company purchased the land in 1638, and the neighborhood of Williamsburg along the East River shoreline was called the Bushwick Shore during colonial times.
The Bushwick Shore was an important port for the farmers and residents of Bushwick, as this was the quickest way to get their products across the East River to the Grand Street Market
In 1827 the area Brooklynites today know as Williamsburg got its name as real estate speculator Richard M. Woodhull purchased 13 acres of land and developed it into the “Village of Williamsburgh”